Welcome to Canada Visitors
AHOY BC is so excited you are coming to see our wild, but civilized coast, where you will experience some of the world’s most abundant marine life close up. We look forward to seeing your face when you drop anchor in world-class marinas and enjoy being treated like royalty. To ensure your trip begins with a smooth, positive, and friendly border crossing experience, we provide you with a checklist of preparations. Click the highlighted words to open the link and read the information carefully.
What visitors need to know when reporting to Customs by personal pleasure vessel:
- Make sure ALL passengers have their visitor admissibility documents for Canada & the USA.
- Know what goods (e.g., food, alcohol, firearms) you CAN bring into Canada for your personal use
- Visitors reporting to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) without CANPASS or NEXUS (para 34-42)
- Visitors reporting to CBSA who have CANPASS or who ALL have a valid NEXUS card
- Bringing a vessel into Canada for repair work
- Visitors returning to the USA must report to the US-Customs Border Patrol
Other helpful resources:
CBSA Marine Sites for Telephone Reporting for Pleasure Vessels
US-Customs Pleasure Boat Reporting Requirements
US locations for Pleasure Boat Reporting
Government of Canada Marine Weather Forecast
To be certain you operate safely and in compliance with Canadian regulations, we advise that you review Transport Canada’s Requirements for Foreign Recreational Boaters in Canadian Waters.
Transport Canada provides a Safe Boating Guide in English and French.
Welcome/Bienvenue to Canada. We hope you have the time of your life.
Main image at top of page: approaching Gabriola Island