Discover the Comox Valley, a place to inspire, revive, and refresh. Few vacation destinations can appeal to such a wide range of interests, from full on adventures to blissful relaxation. You’ll find year round adventure from alpine ski slopes to deep sea diving, mountain bike riding to kilometres of shorelines for paddlers to explore. With the nearby wilderness of Strathcona Park just waiting to be discovered, you can go rock climbing, see spectacular wildlife and vistas, or explore an extensive network of forest trails. An adventure awaits you!
For those with relaxation in mind, you’ll find many wonderful ways to unwind during the day! Hit the beach with your favourite book, tour the local wineries and distilleries, browse in our unique shopping districts, or book a pampering spa treatment. There are year round festivals and community events, and plenty of live music venues, places to dine, or just people watch while you soak up the sun. Tee off in the morning at one of the local golf courses then enjoy an afternoon of arts and culture at one of the many museums, galleries, and artists’ studios.
The Comox Valley is the perfect choice for family vacations at any time of year. Enjoy winter skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and snow-tubing fun or summer camping, playing mini-golf, go-kart riding, or paddleboarding along a sandy beach. Book a fossil finding tour, rent bicycles to see the backroads, or go on the annual Farm Cycle Tour.
There are climbing walls to conquer, petting farms to visit, and vintage aircraft to see. Download the free Discover Comox Valley iPhone App for Top 10 Lists, local events, and more at www.discovercomoxvalley.com.
- Hike lush alpine landscapes and Nordic trails
- Try caving, a great rainy day activity
- Sail the coastal waters
- Go scuba diving to see Pacific octopus, wolf eels, & seals
- Play a round of golf on a world class course
- Go birdwatching at several estuaries
- See “whiskey jacks” on the Paradise Meadows boardwalk trail
- Walk or drive the Comox Valley Heritage Experience tour
- See the herring run in early March at Point Holmes
- Browse First Nation jewelry and art work at the Gallery
- Check out live music, concerts, and theatre performances
- Taste farm-to-table specialties at Dine Around the Comox Valley
- Visit estate wineries, meaderies, and distilleries on a tasting tour
- Shop the farmers’ market on Saturday mornings